Mother's Day Healing Retreat
Join us for a week of restorative yoga, massage, aromatherapy and healing workshops. This will be a truly restorative and healing getaway.
Even the most healthy and supportive mother-daughter relationships can have a wounded dynamic that needs healing.
In our patriarchal, male-dominated culture women are conditioned to think of themselves as “less-than” and not deserving or worthy. This feeling of “less-than” has been internalized and passed down through countless generations of women.
Difficulty and challenges between mothers and daughters are rampant and widespread but not openly spoken about. In my coaching practice, I hear about it time and time again and it is all too common to be ignored. The taboo of speaking about the pain of the Mother Wound is what holds it in place and keeps it hidden in shadow, festering, and out of view. This means it continues to be passed down, generation after generation. It is our responsibility to heal and end the cycle.
The Mother Wound Includes the Pain Of:
- Comparison: not feeling good enough.
- Shame: a consistent background sense that there is something wrong with you.
- Attenuation: Feeling you must remain small in order to be loved.
- A persistent sense of guilt for wanting more than you currently have.
How the Mother Wound Manifests
- Not being your full self because you don’t want to threaten others.
- Having a high tolerance for poor treatment from others.
- Emotional care-taking.
- Feeling competitive with other women.
- Being overly rigid and dominating.
- Conditions such as eating disorders, depression, chronic illness, autoimmune disorders, and addictions.
The cost of NOT healing the Mother Wound is living your life indefinitely with:
- A vague, persistent sense that “There’s something wrong with me”.
- Never actualizing your potential out of fear of failure or disapproval.
- Having weak boundaries and an unclear sense of who you are.
- Not feeling worthy or capable of creating what you truly desire.
- Not feeling safe enough to take up space and voice your truth.
- Arranging your life around “not rocking the boat”.
- Self-sabotage when you get close to a breakthrough.
- Unconsciously waiting for your mother’s permission or approval before claiming your own life.
Once women increasingly process the pain of the Mother Wound, we can create safe places for women to express the truth of their pain and receive much-needed support. Mothers and daughters can communicate with one another without fear that the truth of their feelings will break their relationship. The pain no longer needs to go underground and into shadow, where it manifests as manipulation, competition, and self-hatred. Our pain can be grieved fully so that it can then turn into love, a love that manifests as fierce support of one another and deep self-acceptance, freeing us to be boldly authentic, creative, and truly fulfilled.
The Benefits of Mother Wound Healing:
- Being more fluent and skilled in handling your emotions. Seeing them as a source of wisdom and information.
- Having healthy boundaries that support the actualization of your highest and best self.
- Developing a solid “inner mother” that provides unconditional love, support, and comfort to your younger parts.
- Knowing yourself as competent. Feeling that anything is possible, open to miracles and all good things.
- Being in constant contact with your inner goodness and your ability to bring it into everything you do.
- Deep compassion for yourself and other people.
- Not taking yourself too seriously. No longer needing external validation to feel OK. Not needing to prove yourself to others.
- Trusting life to bring you what you need.
- Feeling safe in your own skin and the freedom to be yourself.
As we engage in this healing process, we slowly remove the thick fog of projection that keeps us stuck and can more clearly see, appreciate, and love ourselves. We no longer carry the burden of our mother’s pain and keep ourselves small as a result.
We can confidently emerge into our own lives, with the energy and vitality to create what we desire without shame or guilt, but with passion, power, joy, confidence, and love.
For every human being, the very first wound of the heart was at the site of the mother, the feminine. And through the process of healing that wound, our hearts graduate from a compromised state of defensiveness and fear to a whole new level of love and power, which connects us to the divine heart of Life itself.
If this hits home for you, I would love you to join our Mother's Day Healing Retreat in El Salvador in the first week of May (2-8) 2022. This will be a week of uncovering the past, finding forgiveness, and healing our wounds once and for all. I know this work can feel a little scary to face head on but it can also be the most lifechanging healing work you will encounter. All you need is the courage to commit to one week in the tropics!
The retreat package includes transportation to and from the airport, all of your meals, daily restorative yoga, a Thai yoga massage, an aromatherapy and energy clearing session, and all of the daily workshops we will have together.
The typical daily schedule:
6-6:30am Optional Sunrise Beach Walk
7-7:30am Optional Morning Workout
9-10:30am Morning Workshop
3-4pm Afternoon Workshop
4-5pm Restorative Yoga
5:30-6:30pm Sunset Hour & appetizers
Our property is right on the beach and there will be plenty of downtime to enjoy the beach, the pool, and the hammocks to have a truly restorative and healing experience. On our final day we will go on an excursion together so you can see more of this beautiful country, but we would like the group decide where they would like to go together. We will figure it out once you are all here!
To book the retreat, simply select the button up top that says "BOOK NOW", pick the room type you want from May 2-8th, when you get to extras, add the Mother & Daughter Healing Retreat for $1000. This will cover the mother and daughter together ($500 each). If you want separate rooms, you only need to add the retreat onto one of them.